Rajasthan is the first state to implement National policy on Biofuels revealed by the Union Government in May 2018. Rajasthan will now focus on the increasing production of oilseeds and establish a Centre For Excellence in Udaipur to promote research in the fields of fuel and energy resources. This policy was approved by high-power Biofuel Authority.
Key Features Of Biofuel Policy
1. With the financial assistance of Indian Railways, A biodiesel plant of the capacity of about 8 tonnes has been installed in the state, said Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Rajendra Rathore.
2. This policy will help farmers to get rid of surplus stock in an economic manner and decrease the country’s oil import dependence.
3. It has also increased the scope of raw material used in the production of ethanol by sugarcane juice, sugar-containing materials, starch-containing materials and damaged foodgrains like wheat, broken rice, and rotten potatoes.
4. The State Government will also focus on the marketing of the biofuel policy and be generating awareness about them.
5. State Rural Livelihood Development Council will also help SHGs (Women Self Help Groups) to explore the extent for additional income through biodiesel supply.
6. This policy will be implemented into categories, First generation(1G), Second Generation (2G) and Third Generation (3G) in order to enable extension for suitable financial and budgetary incentive.
You May Also Like: Ayushman Bharat Yojana: Everything You Need To Know About This Scheme