Charminar, which is located in Hyderabad, Telangana state, India is one of the prime attractions of the country. The historic monument is still holding its charm and standing tall in being the prestige of the city. There are many unknown facts about the Charminar, Hyderabad that you may not know about. Today, in this article, we are going to discuss all the mysteries, unknown facts and lesser known things about this ancient monument which is one of the most important parts of the Indian history and also a key attraction of Telangana state.
Unknown Facts About Charminar Hyderabad That You May Not Know:
1. The age of the monument is four hundred and twenty-seven years today. The historic mosque was built in the year 1591 and is being the central attraction of the city since then.
2. The very famous and mysterious story about Charminar is the story about the secret tunnel present in the monument that takes directly to the Golkonda Fort. It is believed that the route has hidden treasures but no one till date has been able to follow the route and find the hidden treasure.
3. The historic monument is located at the exact center of the city Hyderabad.
4. Charminar was built to celebrate the end of the deadly plague. It was built by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah.
5. It is the first building in the city to be multi-storeyed.
6. The monument has a cat’s head like structure on it because cats are the significant rivals of rats so to keep away the rats, the building has a cat’s head structure. This is because earlier due to rats, the city of Hyderabad got almost destroyed.
7. The Charminar is the symbol of multiple faiths coexisting at one place where a temple and dargah exists together.
8. The historic monument is inspired by the Iran based Isfahan because Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah was very impressed by its design.
9. It is believed that Charminar is all about a woman. It is dedicated to his wife Bhagamati and it is the symbol of love.
10. There is a reason why Charminar is called so. Because of the four pillars standing tall in the monument.